March 2-3, 2018
Indiana University Campus Map »
Victor H. Yngve Distinguished Professor of Engineering and Information Science, School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering; Director, Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center; Curator of Mapping Science exhibit, Indiana University
Associate Professor of Learning Sciences, Director of the Creativity Labs, School of Education, Indiana University; Lead of the MacArthur Foundation’s Make-to-Learn initiative.
Professor of Fashion Design; Associate Dean, School of Art, Architecture + Design, Indiana University
Key goals of the workshop include:
- Presenting advances in technology with applications in fashion, e.g. robotics, IoT, smart and soft materials science, artificial intelligence, mind-reading devices, and visual analytics.
- Discussing promising fashion technology applications in health, sport, education, defense, entertainment, and other areas.
- Discussing relevant challenges regarding cybersecurity, privacy, and ethics.
- Advancing educational and training opportunities that combine fashion and technology, e.g., the design of IoT kits.
- Identifying synergies between academic, corporate, and governmental efforts and exploring possible sources of joint funding.
The symposium format will combine brief presentations, brainstorming sessions, tours of relevant resources at Indiana University, and hands-on sessions. Participants are invited to present their work during a live Cyberart and Fashion Technology Event. Other events include opportunities to engage attendees in hands-on sessions about the technologies central to the work.
|Day 1 – Friday, March 2, 2018|
|12:00pm||Welcome by Organizers (Katy Börner, Kylie Peppler, and Kate Rowold)|
|12:30pm||General Introduction by Participants|
|2:00pm||Social Networking Break|
|3:30pm||Brainstorm Fashion Technology Opportunities and Challenges|
|5:30pm||Cyberart & Fashion Technology Event in Luddy Hall|
|Day 2 – Saturday, March 3, 2018|
|9:00am||Parallel Tours of Research, Design and Maker Spaces at Indiana University|
|10:30am||Parallel Brainstorming Sessions
|1:00pm||MAKE! Event Featuring IoT Kits for Wearables, Smart Environments,
|2:30pm||Social Networking Break|
|3:00pm||Second Best Ideas|